The centre is run by a Community interest Company. It operates with a strong ethos of environmental care and a concern for personal and social development.
The centre has a long history of use since its original purpose of providing an education for the children from the hamlet of Lanehead.
We believe that:
- Linking environmental education with creativity and recreation provides the opportunity
to gain a deep understanding of the relationship between the individual
and the natural world
- The use of landscape and the experience of the outdoors provides stimulus
for creativity and personal development
- Intensive creative collaborations can be achieved in an environment
free of other external distractions, and where time and space can be
available to nurture reflective practice
- Experiential learning can extend creative development
- Outdoor & environmental experiences can provide material for creative
processes, which in turn can provide meaningful experiences for participants
Policies and consideration for the environment and its sustainability underpin the entire operation
enquiries: 01434 381889